March 1st 
I am now less than 5 days away from Ironman NZ and to be honest I don’t have much to say except I AM READY!! The problems with my knee which I talked about in my last blog are now all behind me and I am 100% healthy and ready to go. I am very confident with where my form is at and believe with a bit of luck I will be able to put together a great race. Obviously like any race I enter, I race to win and Ironman NZ is no different.  Having said that I am trying not to focus to much on the result but focus on putting together a perfect race which if I achieve that I believe the result will take care of itself. I am very excited about the race and I am literally counting down the minutes now until the start. I know it’s going to hurt but I feel I am both physically and mentally ready for the task ahead.
I just want to say a big thanks to everyone who has supported me and although I can’t guarantee much I can guarantee to put everything I have in to it and I will leave nothing in the tank.
The race kicks off on the 5th of March at 6:45 NZ time and the race can be followed at Ironman.com
James

No comments:

Post a Comment